Our bodies are like machines, operating and functioning off of the food we eat, the activities we partake in, the stress we allow into our lives, all factors in how well the machine operates. Then along comes cancer. A devastating disease that's one of the highest causes of death in the US. But is there something we can do to help ward of the big C word. Below are some things to consider when taking a look at how fine-tuned your machine is.
1. Control your insulin levels: Make certain that you limit your intake of processed foods and sugars as much as possible. Elevated insulin destroys the body’s systems.
2. Get appropriate amounts of omega-3 fatsfound in fish, nuts and flax seed.
3. Get appropriate exercise. One of the primary reasons exercise works is that it drives your insulin levels down. Controlling insulin levels is one of the most powerful ways to reduce your cancer risks.
4. Normalize your vitamin D levelswith safe amounts of sun exposure. Vitamin D is naturally produced by the human body when exposed to direct sunlight. Season, geographic latitude, time of day, cloud cover, smog, and sunscreen affect UV ray exposure and vitamin D synthesis in the skin, and it is important for individuals with limited sun exposure to include good sources of vitamin D in their diet.
5. Only 25 percent of people eat enough vegetables.Try to shoot for 50% of your diet to include raw food, mainly vegetables and fruit.
6. Make sure you are not in the two-thirds of the population who are overweight and maintain an ideal body weight.
7. Get enough sleep, roughly 6-8 hours regularly.
8. Reduce your exposure to environmental toxinslike pesticides, household chemical cleaners, synthetic air fresheners and air pollution.
9. Clear your nervous systemof any interference of communication between the brain and the organs.